Special Events Permits

List of 2018 Events

If your group or organization is having a "Special Event" that will take place on City roadways or City parks and property, please review the City of St. Thomas Special Events Manual.

Note: An application must be submitted to the Special Events Committee even if it is an annual event.

Special Events Application Form  to be filled out, printed off and submitted to the Clerk's Department

Elgin St. Thomas Public Health - Special Events Notification 

Accessibility Directorate of Ontario - Planning Accessible Special Events

AGCO - Planning Special Events

AGCO - Application for a Special Occasion Permit

City of St. Thomas Municipal Alcohol Policy

Application for Temporary Exemption to Animal Control By-law

Right of Way Occupancy Permit

City Roads Map

Tent Building Permit

Hydro Inspection www.esasafe.com

If your group or organization is organizing an event that will include a temporary performance/event structure, please read this

Submitting Your Application 

After reviewing the Manual, please fill out the Special Events Application Form, print it and submit it to the City by mail, fax, email, or in person to: 

City Clerk's Department
545 Talbot Street
St. Thomas, ON N5P 3V7 

Phone:  (519) 631-1680 ext. 4125    Fax: (519) 633-9019 
Email: mknapp@stthomas.ca

After submission, the Committee Secretary will contact you with the time and date of the next meeting that you should attend.  At this meeting, representatives will be in attendance from Police Services, Fire Services, Elgin St. Thomas Public Health, Parks, Recreation and Property Management, Treasury Department, Public Works (Traffic and Parking), EMS, the Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee, the Downtown Development Board, and the Tourism Office to discuss your plans.