We want to keep St. Thomas Public Library relevant to a diverse and changing community. Help us explore our future by filling out our survey and letting us know what's important to you!
What We Do
- Short and long term operating and capital financial plans and budgeting
- Budget monitoring
- Cash management, borrowing, reserves, development charges
- Financial Statements
- Receipt and accounting for City revenues from all sources
- Accounts payable for all City Departments
- All other accounting functions, reconciliations, etc.
- Financial reporting and preparation of annual audit documentation
- Tax rate calculation and interim, final and supplementary tax bill preparation
- Tax billing, accounting, reconciliation, collection, property tax sales
- Tax write offs, rebates, deferrals
- Legislation analysis and implementation
- Residential Property Taxes
- Tax Statement Preparation - Tax Certificate Fees
- Lawyer - Change of Ownership Form
- Risk Management
- Property appraisals, inventory and general insurance coverage for all City properties, operations, vehicles and equipment
- Liaison with insurance broker, insurance companies and claims adjusters
- Central purchasing for all City departments
- Preparation of specifications and documentation for contracts & tenders
- Issuing & administration of licenses
- Co-ordination of office services (phones, computers and office machines)
- Daily operation, administration and maintenance of central computer system and work stations
- Information Technology planning and implementation
Parking Ticket Accounting
- Accounting for parking tickets in accordance with regulations under the Provincial Offenses Act
- Liaison with police, courts and Province with respect to tickets
We are excited to announce that construction of the Gateway Roundabout at the Sunset Drive and Wellington Road intersection will be starting the week of March 27th with completion by the end of June.
Effective March 21, 2017 the Community Recycling Centre will be returning to its full time operating hours. The site will be open Tuesday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m to 3 p.m. Household hazardous waste is accepted on Saturdays only.
For more information on accepted waste types and associated costs, please visit the Community Recycling Centre page.
The First Avenue Widening project between Talbot Street and Steele Street will start the week of March 13 and be completed in June.
- 1 of 5
- next ›
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- City Hall
- By-Law Enforcement
- City Clerk
- City Departments
- City Manager
- Contact Us
- Cultural Mapping Project
- Environmental Services
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Human Resources
- Mayor and Council
- Minutes and Agendas
- Ontario Works
- Planning and Building Services
- Police Building Background Information
- Select Committee for New Police Building
- Visiting Us