Due to the Lake Margaret Trail and Southdale Line roundabout project, St. Thomas Transit will be detouring Route 2 effective Monday, March 6th for approximately four months.
Parks, Recreation and Property Management
*******SPECIAL 2 DAY SPRING HOCKEY AND PROGRAM REGISTRATION DATES: SATURDAY MARCH 25 10am - 2pm and SUNDAY MARCH 26 12pm - 3pm. Location: St. Thomas Timken Community Centre Recreation Office, 75 Caso Crossing.
Free March Break Skates Mon - Fri 1:15pm - 2:45pm Timken Arena
The City of St. Thomas is now offering a $2.00 Drop in Basketball program for ages 13+ on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (after school).
Informal Request for Quotation - St. Thomas Timken Community Centre - Skate Sharpening
The City of St. Thomas is seeking qualified recipients to forward a request for quotation for the operation of the skate sharpening room located at the St. Thomas Timken Community Centre, 75 Caso Crossing (formerly 2 Third Ave.)
Send quotation to Gary Drouin, Supervisor of Recreational Facilities, email@example.com or deliver in person to the St. Thomas Timken Community Centre. Packages available for pick up at the St. Thomas Timken Community Centre Mon - Fri 830am 430pm.
The concrete skatepark surface areas are completed but the site grading and preparation will not be completed for another 3 months. As a result the grand opening originally scheduled for October 1st will now be taking place in the late Spring of 2017.
The construction fences will stay up and a defined fenced walkway will be located at the North East corner of the St. Thomas Timken Community Centre.
For Programs, PA Day, Summer Camp and Swim Lessons registration call 519-631-1680 ext 4143 or click on the programs link below to register online.
Please check out the following quick links:
Recreational Programs To register for pa day camps and programs
Cycling Master Plan
Lake Margaret Environmental Management Plan 2010
Lake Margaret Water Quality Management Strategy 2014
Drop in programs
To rent a pavilion: Parks
To purchase a Memory Leaf: Memory Garden
Jaycees Pool information: Aquatics To register for swim lessons
For further information or assistance please call the Parks and Recreation Department on our general line (519) 633-7112.
You are also welcome to visit our administrative office. We're located just inside the front entrance of the St. Thomas Timken Community Centre at 75 Caso Crossing (formerly 2 Third Avenue). Office Hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Public Skating - October 2 2016 to March 2017
Time: 1:15 pm - 2:45 pm
Location: St. Thomas Timken Community Centre, Presstran Rink
Price: $3.00 Age 17 and under (Children and students)
$3.50 18Y and older (Adults)
$10.00 per Family (max 5 skaters, must include 1 adult)
Please bring exact change or small bills as the cash box cannot make change for $20.00 bills or larger.
*Last public skate is March 26, 2017
March Break - Mon - Fri 1:15 pm - 2:45 pm Timken Arena
Thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following free public skates!!!!
Program Updates and Cancellations
Unfortunately, some programs may be cancelled if there is low enrollment, availability of facility or availability of instructors. Full refunds will be issued for any programs that may be cancelled by the Parks and Recreation Department.
The Parks and Recreation Department would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our local businesses, service clubs and organizations for sponsoring many of our programs. With you we are able to offer affordable, healthy, fun and interactive recreational activities to the citizens of St. Thomas and surrounding area.
Gift Ideas - Gift Certificates
Looking for a unique Birthday present? Purchase a gift certificate, for your choice of dollar value, that would then be redeemable towards any of our upcoming winter programs, ice rental, room rental, birthday party, wedding celebration, stag and doe!!!!!
We will personalize your certificate!!!!!
Call the Parks and Recreation Department for additional information at 519-633-7112 or visit us at the Parks and Recreation Administration Office located inside the St. Thomas Timken Community, 75 Caso Crossing (formerly 2 Third Avenue).
Get Your Boat License
A Pleasure Craft Operator Card is required to operate power-driven boats and watercraft in Canada - It's the Law.
Every person who operates a motorized boat in Canada must obtain proof of competency. You can obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card by passing a Transport Canada Accredited boating safety test. Getting your Operator Card proves that you understand Canada's navigation rules and how to boat safely.
Meet our Staff
- Ross Tucker, Director of Parks, Recreation & Property Management - (519) 631-1680 extension 5201 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catharine Spratley, Supervisor of Parks & Forestry - (519) 631-1680 extension 5202 email@example.com
- Gary Drouin, Supervisor of Recreation Facilities - (519) 631-1680 extension 4142 or (519) 633-7112 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Nelson, Supervisor of Property Management - (519) 631-1680 extension 4280 email@example.com
- April Gazda, Administrative Assistant - (519) 631-1680, extension 4172 or (519) 633-7112 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martin Run, Customer Service Representative - (519) 631-1680, extension 4189 or (519) 633-7112 email@example.com
- Michael Balderston, Program Coordinator - (519) 631-1680, extension 4143 or (519) 633-7112 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex Connoy, Maintenance Co-ordinator - (519) 631-1680 extension 4282 email@example.com
- Jacki Hussey, Maintenance Assistant - (519) 631-1680 extension 4281 firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Areas of Effort
- Facilitation: We make it easy for people to achieve their active and passive recreational goals.
- Expertise: We provide services, programs or facilities where we are the best qualified or equipped to do so.
- Positive Workplace Culture: We strive to build a positive workplace where all staff members can contribute to our collective success.
- Customer Focus: We understand that we are in the business of providing courteous, efficient service to meet the needs of the community.
- Leadership: We behave in a way that is exemplary and seek ways to introduce beneficial innovation to our community.
- Environmental Responsibility: We protect our natural environment and we seek to employ business practices that are environmentally responsible.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Healthy Community: We promote a healthy community.
- Planning for the Future: We effectively plan to meet the future needs of our community.
Due to the First Avenue road widening project, St. Thomas Transit will be detouring Route 4 & 5b effective March 15th for approximately two months.
In order to reduce basement flooding caused by Inflow and Infiltration and to reduce flows at the Wastewater Treatment Plant, the City is implementing a City Wide Downspout Disconnection Program. Information has been posted on the City website located under basement flooding.
If you have any questions on this program, please contact Lynn Stafford, C.E.T., Compliance Coordinator at 519-631-1680, ext. 4224 or Nathan Bokma, P. Eng., Development and Compliance Manager at 519-631-1680, ext. 4151.
The City of St. Thomas invites applications from person who are 18 years of age or older and a resident of St. Thomas for appointment to the following committees:
- Community Recycling Centre Public Liaison Committee
- Municipal Heritage Committee
- St. Thomas Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee (In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the majority of the members of the committee shall be persons with disabilities)
Please complete the application form and submit to the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 545 Talbot Street, St. Thomas, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- Animal Services
- Canada Post - Community Mailbox Information
- City Maps
- Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- Elgin St. Thomas Public Health Unit
- Fire Department
- Garbage Collection & Recycling
- Horton Farmers' Market
- Moving Here
- Notices to Residents
- Parks and Recreation
- Photo Gallery
- Property Taxes
- St. Thomas Energy Inc.
- St. Thomas Police Service
- TJ Weekly Ad
- City Hall
- Visiting Us