The project is ahead of schedule and will be completed mid May. The contractor is installing the curb and will be starting to pave next week. On Monday, May 1st (weather dependent), lane restrictions at the intersection of Talbot Street and First Avenue will be in place from 9pm until 7:30am the next morning to complete the paving of the intersection. Westbound traffic on Talbot will be able to turn northbound onto First Avenue, Eastbound traffic on Talbot will be able to turn northbound onto First Avenue, and Southbound traffic on First Avenue will be able to turn westbound onto Talbot Street, all other movements will be restricted.
Parks, Recreation and Property Management
Public Information Session - Design of New St. Thomas Outdoor Recreational Complex (STORC)
The City of St. Thomas is hosting a public information session regarding the design of the new St. Thomas Outdoor Recreational Complex located at 355 Burwell Road.
The session will be held on May 9th, 2017 from 5:00pm to 7:00pm in the Community Room, Valleyview Home, 350 Burwell Road.
Drop in Basketball
The City of St. Thomas is now offering a $2.00 Drop in Basketball program for ages 13+ on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (after school).
Informal Request for Quotation - St. Thomas Timken Community Centre - Skate Sharpening
The City of St. Thomas is seeking qualified recipients to forward a request for quotation for the operation of the skate sharpening room located at the St. Thomas Timken Community Centre, 75 Caso Crossing (formerly 2 Third Ave.)
Send quotation to Gary Drouin, Supervisor of Recreational Facilities, email@example.com or deliver in person to the St. Thomas Timken Community Centre. Packages available for pick up at the St. Thomas Timken Community Centre Mon - Fri 830am 430pm.
The concrete skatepark surface areas are completed but the site grading and preparation will not be completed for another 3 months. As a result the grand opening originally scheduled for October 1st will now be taking place in June or July of 2017.
The construction fences will stay up and a defined fenced walkway will be located at the North East corner of the St. Thomas Timken Community Centre.
For Programs, PA Day, Summer Camp and Swim Lessons registration call 519-631-1680 ext 4143 or click on the programs link below to register online.
Please check out the following quick links:
Recreational Programs To register for pa day camps and programs
Cycling Master Plan
Lake Margaret Environmental Management Plan 2010
Lake Margaret Water Quality Management Strategy 2014
Drop in programs
To rent a pavilion: Parks
To purchase a Memory Leaf: Memory Garden
Jaycees Pool information: Aquatics To register for swim lessons
For further information or assistance please call the Parks and Recreation Department on our general line (519) 633-7112.
You are also welcome to visit our administrative office. We're located just inside the front entrance of the St. Thomas Timken Community Centre at 75 Caso Crossing (formerly 2 Third Avenue). Office Hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Drop in $2.00 Spring Leisure Skate - Starts April 19th. Wed and Fridays: 9am Parent and Child, 10am Little Players, Adults Only 11am
$5.00 Drop in Shinny Wed and Fridays at 12pm.
Program Updates and Cancellations
Unfortunately, some programs may be cancelled if there is low enrollment, availability of facility or availability of instructors. Full refunds will be issued for any programs that may be cancelled by the Parks and Recreation Department.
The Parks and Recreation Department would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our local businesses, service clubs and organizations for sponsoring many of our programs. With you we are able to offer affordable, healthy, fun and interactive recreational activities to the citizens of St. Thomas and surrounding area.
Gift Ideas - Gift Certificates
Looking for a unique Birthday present? Purchase a gift certificate, for your choice of dollar value, that would then be redeemable towards any of our upcoming winter programs, ice rental, room rental, birthday party, wedding celebration, stag and doe!!!!!
We will personalize your certificate!!!!!
Call the Parks and Recreation Department for additional information at 519-633-7112 or visit us at the Parks and Recreation Administration Office located inside the St. Thomas Timken Community, 75 Caso Crossing (formerly 2 Third Avenue).
Get Your Boat License
A Pleasure Craft Operator Card is required to operate power-driven boats and watercraft in Canada - It's the Law.
Every person who operates a motorized boat in Canada must obtain proof of competency. You can obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card by passing a Transport Canada Accredited boating safety test. Getting your Operator Card proves that you understand Canada's navigation rules and how to boat safely.
Meet our Staff
- Ross Tucker, Director of Parks, Recreation & Property Management - (519) 631-1680 extension 5201 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catharine Spratley, Supervisor of Parks & Forestry - (519) 631-1680 extension 5202 email@example.com
- Gary Drouin, Supervisor of Recreation Facilities - (519) 631-1680 extension 4142 or (519) 633-7112 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Nelson, Supervisor of Property Management - (519) 631-1680 extension 4280 email@example.com
- April Gazda, Administrative Assistant - (519) 631-1680, extension 4172 or (519) 633-7112 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martin Run, Customer Service Representative - (519) 631-1680, extension 4189 or (519) 633-7112 email@example.com
- Michael Balderston, Program Coordinator - (519) 631-1680, extension 4143 or (519) 633-7112 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex Connoy, Maintenance Co-ordinator - (519) 631-1680 extension 4282 email@example.com
- Jacki Hussey, Maintenance Assistant - (519) 631-1680 extension 4281 firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Areas of Effort
- Facilitation: We make it easy for people to achieve their active and passive recreational goals.
- Expertise: We provide services, programs or facilities where we are the best qualified or equipped to do so.
- Positive Workplace Culture: We strive to build a positive workplace where all staff members can contribute to our collective success.
- Customer Focus: We understand that we are in the business of providing courteous, efficient service to meet the needs of the community.
- Leadership: We behave in a way that is exemplary and seek ways to introduce beneficial innovation to our community.
- Environmental Responsibility: We protect our natural environment and we seek to employ business practices that are environmentally responsible.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Healthy Community: We promote a healthy community.
- Planning for the Future: We effectively plan to meet the future needs of our community.
Please be advised that construction will start on Elm Street from Centennial Avenue to east of Tyke Road for underground storm sewer installation. The construction will start on Monday, May 1, 2017 with traffic control and lane restriction in place until the end of May 2017. Please follow traffic control signs and personnel on site in order to navigate through the construction zone safely.
The City is excited to announce the Edward Street Road Rehabilitation Project will start in April. The Burwell Road Rehabilitation project will begin after Edward Street has been completed. Construction is expected to be complete in July 2017. For more information visit the Construction Projects page.
The Elgin St. Thomas Age-Friendly Committee is developing a community plan for residents of Elgin County and the City of St. Thomas. An Age-Friendly community is one where policies, services and structures related to the physical and social environments support and enable older residents to lead healthy, active lives and stay involved in their communities.
- 1 of 5
- next ›
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- Animal Services
- Canada Post - Community Mailbox Information
- City Maps
- Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- Elgin St. Thomas Public Health Unit
- Fire Department
- Garbage Collection & Recycling
- Horton Farmers' Market
- Moving Here
- Notices to Residents
- Parks and Recreation
- Photo Gallery
- Property Taxes
- St. Thomas Energy Inc.
- St. Thomas Police Service
- TJ Weekly Ad
- City Hall
- Visiting Us