The project is ahead of schedule and will be completed mid May. The contractor is installing the curb and will be starting to pave next week. On Monday, May 1st (weather dependent), lane restrictions at the intersection of Talbot Street and First Avenue will be in place from 9pm until 7:30am the next morning to complete the paving of the intersection. Westbound traffic on Talbot will be able to turn northbound onto First Avenue, Eastbound traffic on Talbot will be able to turn northbound onto First Avenue, and Southbound traffic on First Avenue will be able to turn westbound onto Talbot Street, all other movements will be restricted.
Ontario Works - Mission Statement
The St. Thomas-Elgin Ontario Works Department supports and facilitates the efforts of the Ontario Works participants in achieving self-sufficiency by delivering to eligible participants the full range of financial assistance and employment programs in accordance with:
- Ontario Works Act and Regulations
- Ministry of Community and Children's Services and Ministry of Children and Youth Directives
- Local Business Practices
- We provide the appropriate level and mix of Ontario Works services to our participants to facilitate their best route to self-sufficiency.
- We provide timely, responsive and consistent services.
- We coach our participants to support their efforts towards self-sufficiency.
- We model successful behaviours for our participants.
- We communicate clearly, concisely and responsively with our participants.
- We protect the privacy and respect the confidentiality of our participants.
- We uphold our participant’s rights and inform them of their responsibilities.
- We provide services within City Council prescribed budgets and approvals.
- We work with the community in providing the best possible quality of service to our participants.
- We support the efforts of our departmental colleagues towards comprehensive customer service for our participants.
- We conduct our business with professionalism and accountability.
Please be advised that construction will start on Elm Street from Centennial Avenue to east of Tyke Road for underground storm sewer installation. The construction will start on Monday, May 1, 2017 with traffic control and lane restriction in place until the end of May 2017. Please follow traffic control signs and personnel on site in order to navigate through the construction zone safely.
The City is excited to announce the Edward Street Road Rehabilitation Project will start in April. The Burwell Road Rehabilitation project will begin after Edward Street has been completed. Construction is expected to be complete in July 2017. For more information visit the Construction Projects page.
The Elgin St. Thomas Age-Friendly Committee is developing a community plan for residents of Elgin County and the City of St. Thomas. An Age-Friendly community is one where policies, services and structures related to the physical and social environments support and enable older residents to lead healthy, active lives and stay involved in their communities.
- 1 of 5
- next ›
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- City Hall
- By-Law Enforcement
- City Clerk
- City Departments
- City Manager
- Contact Us
- Cultural Mapping Project
- Environmental Services
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Human Resources
- Mayor and Council
- Minutes and Agendas
- Ontario Works
- Planning and Building Services
- Police Building Background Information
- Select Committee for New Police Building
- Visiting Us