The project is ahead of schedule and will be completed mid May. The contractor is installing the curb and will be starting to pave next week. On Monday, May 1st (weather dependent), lane restrictions at the intersection of Talbot Street and First Avenue will be in place from 9pm until 7:30am the next morning to complete the paving of the intersection. Westbound traffic on Talbot will be able to turn northbound onto First Avenue, Eastbound traffic on Talbot will be able to turn northbound onto First Avenue, and Southbound traffic on First Avenue will be able to turn westbound onto Talbot Street, all other movements will be restricted.
Lottery License - Eligibility Guidelines
1. What types of organizations are eligible to conduct lotteries?
The Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulations state that lottery licenses can only issued to Charitable organizations. To qualify as a "charitable" organization, the organization must have a demonstrated charitable or religious mandate. The Courts have determined that the term "charitable" refers to organizations, which provide programs for:
i) the relief of poverty
ii) the advancement of education;
iii) the advancement of religion; or
iv) other purposes beneficial to the community
Examples of eligible organizations are as follows:
- Churches and their affiliated groups
- Service Clubs, e.g. Kiwanis, Kinsmen, Lions, Knights of Columbus, Optimist, etc.
- Schools; Nursery Schools, Elementary and High schools and various school organizations -- sports teams, bands etc. Note: Only one group will be licensed per school
- Museums and Galleries (excluding private facilities)
- Health and Special Needs Organizations; Heart & Stroke, Cancer Society, Hospital Foundations, etc.
- Youth Groups; Minor Sports Teams, Choirs, Scouts, Guides etc.
In all instances organizations must have been in existence for at least one (1) year before being considered for lottery licenses.
These lottery guidelines are for all lottery events; bingos, break open tickets, (Nevada), Raffles including 50/50 draws and Bazaars.
2. Who is not eligible to conduct lottery events?
The following organizations ARE NOT eligible:
- Unions or employee groups
- Professional associations
- Political Parties or Action Groups
- Government Agencies or Bodies
- Business Associations
- Chamber of Commerce
- Social or Private Sport Clubs
- Adult recreational hobby or sporting teams
For further information please visit the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario website and follow the links to Lottery Licensing or call the Lottery Licensing Office at St. Thomas City Hall - 519-631-1680, extension 4105.
Please be advised that construction will start on Elm Street from Centennial Avenue to east of Tyke Road for underground storm sewer installation. The construction will start on Monday, May 1, 2017 with traffic control and lane restriction in place until the end of May 2017. Please follow traffic control signs and personnel on site in order to navigate through the construction zone safely.
The City is excited to announce the Edward Street Road Rehabilitation Project will start in April. The Burwell Road Rehabilitation project will begin after Edward Street has been completed. Construction is expected to be complete in July 2017. For more information visit the Construction Projects page.
The Elgin St. Thomas Age-Friendly Committee is developing a community plan for residents of Elgin County and the City of St. Thomas. An Age-Friendly community is one where policies, services and structures related to the physical and social environments support and enable older residents to lead healthy, active lives and stay involved in their communities.
- 1 of 5
- next ›
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- City Hall
- By-Law Enforcement
- City Clerk
- City Departments
- City Manager
- Contact Us
- Cultural Mapping Project
- Environmental Services
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Human Resources
- Mayor and Council
- Minutes and Agendas
- Ontario Works
- Planning and Building Services
- Police Building Background Information
- Select Committee for New Police Building
- Visiting Us