Due to the Lake Margaret Trail and Southdale Line roundabout project, St. Thomas Transit will be detouring Route 2 effective Monday, March 6th for approximately four months.
The City of St. Thomas offers weekly curbside garbage collection to its residents. The City enforces a strict two bag/container limit per week. Residents may place extra bags or containers out for collection as long as the material has a Garbage bag tag affixed to the waste. See below for a list of Bag Tag Vendor Locations. Bag Tags cost $1.75 each.
Please refer to the Collection Routes to determine your correct day. If a holiday falls on your regular collection day, your collection day may be moved to an alternate day, if an alternate collection has been scheduled you will find this information on the Collection Schedule.
Download the My Waste App and never miss another collection date!
Missed Garbage/Blue Box/Compost Pick Up
Call Michelle Shannon, Waste Management Coordinator at 519-631-1680 ext., 4258
Garbage Set Out Requirements
- Garbage must be to curbside by 7:00 am on your collection day
- Garbage must be within 1 meter (3 feet) of the traveled portion of the road
- Each bag or container with its contents can not weigh more than 20Kg (45lbs)
- If a reusable container is utilized, the container must be in good repair and have two handles on either side for easy dumping
Unacceptable Materials for Garbage Collection
- Hazardous Waste
- Bio-medical waste
- Combustible or Explosive material
- Automobiles, vehicles or any parts thereof
- Construction debris
- Crates and pallets
- Household furniture
- Scrap metal
- Sharps(syringes, lancets)
Briwood Farm Market, 1030 Talbot Street
Churchill Variety, Homedale Plaza, 26 Churchill Crescent
Daisy Mart, 100 Wilson Avenue
Dixie Dairy Bar, 51 St. Catharine Street
East End Kwik Way, 1009 Talbot Street
Greenfields Family Market & Video @ 114 Confederation Drive
City Hall - Environmental Services Department, 545 Talbot Street
Moe’s Variety, 800 Talbot Street
Plaza Convenience, 321 Elm Street
- The Corner Store, 138 Alma Street
Waterworks Variety, 7 South Edgeware Road
Wellington Convenience & Video, 69 Wellington Street
Wellington Variety, 352 Wellington Street
Coffey's News Depot - 591 Talbot Street
Due to the First Avenue road widening project, St. Thomas Transit will be detouring Route 4 & 5b effective March 15th for approximately two months.
In order to reduce basement flooding caused by Inflow and Infiltration and to reduce flows at the Wastewater Treatment Plant, the City is implementing a City Wide Downspout Disconnection Program. Information has been posted on the City website located under basement flooding.
If you have any questions on this program, please contact Lynn Stafford, C.E.T., Compliance Coordinator at 519-631-1680, ext. 4224 or Nathan Bokma, P. Eng., Development and Compliance Manager at 519-631-1680, ext. 4151.
The City of St. Thomas invites applications from person who are 18 years of age or older and a resident of St. Thomas for appointment to the following committees:
- Community Recycling Centre Public Liaison Committee
- Municipal Heritage Committee
- St. Thomas Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee (In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the majority of the members of the committee shall be persons with disabilities)
Please complete the application form and submit to the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 545 Talbot Street, St. Thomas, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- Animal Services
- Canada Post - Community Mailbox Information
- City Maps
- Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- Elgin St. Thomas Public Health Unit
- Fire Department
- Garbage Collection & Recycling
- Horton Farmers' Market
- Moving Here
- Notices to Residents
- Parks and Recreation
- Photo Gallery
- Property Taxes
- St. Thomas Energy Inc.
- St. Thomas Police Service
- TJ Weekly Ad
- City Hall
- Visiting Us