We want to keep St. Thomas Public Library relevant to a diverse and changing community. Help us explore our future by filling out our survey and letting us know what's important to you!
Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
Address: 330 South Edgeware Road, St. Thomas, ON
The Community Recycling Centre now open to residents of the Township of Southwold and the Municipality of Central Elgin!
Winter Hours of Operation:
Winter hours begin on November 28, 2016 - March 18, 2017.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Household hazardous waste accepted on Saturdays only
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Closed on all Statutory holidays.
Rate Structure/Accepted Items
Minimum charge of $20 applies to all loads with chargeable material.
All fees are at the discretion of the site attendant.
* Proof of residency in participating municipalities is required. (Driver's license, work order for property where waste is generated.)
Visa, Mastercard, Debit and Cheque are accepted. No Cash.
|Material Type||User Fee|
|Tires||Free of Charge|
|Cardboard||Free of Charge|
|Curbside Recyclable material||Free of Charge|
|Waste Electronics||Free of Charge|
|Scrap Metal (including non-refrigerant bearing appliances)||Free of Charge|
|Yard Waste and brush||Free of Charge|
|Mixed Solid Waste (including mattresses, furniture, carpeting, flooring, household waste)||$120/tonne|
|Mixed Construction and Demolition Material (wood, drywall etc.)||$85/tonne|
|Concrete, brick and block||$45/tonne|
|Untagged refrigerant bearing appliances||$50/unit|
Site attendants reserve the rights to reject any load or object that appears to be a hazard to the safety of its employees. To help ensure the safe and efficient operation of the site, clients are asked to follow the rules.
- All vehicles must report to the scale attendant
- All children under the age of 12 must remain in the vehicle
- All pets must remain in the vehicle
- No smoking on site
- Properly secure your loads
- Obey traffic signs
- Don't scavenge
Household Hazardous Waste
Open Saturdays Only 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Aerosol containers
- Propane cylinders
- Fluorescent bulbs/tubes
- Fire extinguishers and smoke detectors
- Fertilizers and pesticides
- Paints and coatings
- Oven and window cleaners
- Batteries household and automotive
- Motor oil
- Mercury switches and thermometers
- Needles and syringes (in a puncture proof container)
When dropping off hazardous waste please ensure:
- All materials should be in the original or well marked container to indicate the contents
- All containers are securely capped and sealed
- Liquid wastes must be no larger than 20L each. Barrels or drums of waste will not be accepted
- Material will not be decanted, the container and its contents must be left at the depot
We are excited to announce that construction of the Gateway Roundabout at the Sunset Drive and Wellington Road intersection will be starting the week of March 27th with completion by the end of June.
Effective March 21, 2017 the Community Recycling Centre will be returning to its full time operating hours. The site will be open Tuesday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m to 3 p.m. Household hazardous waste is accepted on Saturdays only.
For more information on accepted waste types and associated costs, please visit the Community Recycling Centre page.
The First Avenue Widening project between Talbot Street and Steele Street will start the week of March 13 and be completed in June.
- 1 of 5
- next ›
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- Animal Services
- Canada Post - Community Mailbox Information
- City Maps
- Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- Elgin St. Thomas Public Health Unit
- Fire Department
- Garbage Collection & Recycling
- Horton Farmers' Market
- Moving Here
- Notices to Residents
- Parks and Recreation
- Photo Gallery
- Property Taxes
- St. Thomas Energy Inc.
- St. Thomas Police Service
- TJ Weekly Ad
- City Hall
- Visiting Us