The project is ahead of schedule and will be completed mid May. The contractor is installing the curb and will be starting to pave next week. On Monday, May 1st (weather dependent), lane restrictions at the intersection of Talbot Street and First Avenue will be in place from 9pm until 7:30am the next morning to complete the paving of the intersection. Westbound traffic on Talbot will be able to turn northbound onto First Avenue, Eastbound traffic on Talbot will be able to turn northbound onto First Avenue, and Southbound traffic on First Avenue will be able to turn westbound onto Talbot Street, all other movements will be restricted.
Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
Address: 330 South Edgeware Road, St. Thomas, ON
The Community Recycling Centre now open to residents of the Township of Southwold, the Municipality of Central Elgin, Town of Aylmer and Malahide Township!
Household hazardous waste accepted on Saturdays only
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Closed on all Statutory holidays.
Rate Structure/Accepted Items
Minimum charge of $20 applies to all loads with chargeable material.
All fees are at the discretion of the site attendant.
* Proof of residency in participating municipalities is required. (Driver's license, work order for property where waste is generated.)
Visa, Mastercard, Debit and Cheque are accepted. No Cash.
|Material Type||User Fee|
|Tires||Free of Charge|
|Cardboard||Free of Charge|
|Curbside Recyclable material||Free of Charge|
|Waste Electronics||Free of Charge|
|Scrap Metal (including non-refrigerant bearing appliances)||Free of Charge|
|Yard Waste and brush||Free of Charge|
|Mixed Solid Waste (including mattresses, furniture, carpeting, flooring, household waste)||$120/tonne|
|Mixed Construction and Demolition Material (wood, drywall etc.)||$85/tonne|
|Concrete, brick and block||$45/tonne|
|Untagged refrigerant bearing appliances||$50/unit|
Site attendants reserve the rights to reject any load or object that appears to be a hazard to the safety of its employees. To help ensure the safe and efficient operation of the site, clients are asked to follow the rules.
- All vehicles must report to the scale attendant
- All children under the age of 12 must remain in the vehicle
- All pets must remain in the vehicle
- No smoking on site
- Properly secure your loads
- Obey traffic signs
- Don't scavenge
Household Hazardous Waste
Open Saturdays Only 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Aerosol containers
- Propane cylinders
- Fluorescent bulbs/tubes
- Fire extinguishers and smoke detectors
- Fertilizers and pesticides
- Paints and coatings
- Oven and window cleaners
- Batteries household and automotive
- Motor oil
- Mercury switches and thermometers
- Needles and syringes (in a puncture proof container)
When dropping off hazardous waste please ensure:
- All materials should be in the original or well marked container to indicate the contents
- All containers are securely capped and sealed
- Liquid wastes must be no larger than 20L each. Barrels or drums of waste will not be accepted
- Material will not be decanted, the container and its contents must be left at the depot
Please be advised that construction will start on Elm Street from Centennial Avenue to east of Tyke Road for underground storm sewer installation. The construction will start on Monday, May 1, 2017 with traffic control and lane restriction in place until the end of May 2017. Please follow traffic control signs and personnel on site in order to navigate through the construction zone safely.
The City is excited to announce the Edward Street Road Rehabilitation Project will start in April. The Burwell Road Rehabilitation project will begin after Edward Street has been completed. Construction is expected to be complete in July 2017. For more information visit the Construction Projects page.
The Elgin St. Thomas Age-Friendly Committee is developing a community plan for residents of Elgin County and the City of St. Thomas. An Age-Friendly community is one where policies, services and structures related to the physical and social environments support and enable older residents to lead healthy, active lives and stay involved in their communities.
- 1 of 5
- next ›
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- Animal Services
- Canada Post - Community Mailbox Information
- City Maps
- Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- Elgin St. Thomas Public Health Unit
- Fire Department
- Garbage Collection & Recycling
- Horton Farmers' Market
- Moving Here
- Notices to Residents
- Parks and Recreation
- Photo Gallery
- Property Taxes
- St. Thomas Energy Inc.
- St. Thomas Police Service
- TJ Weekly Ad
- City Hall
- Visiting Us