We want to keep St. Thomas Public Library relevant to a diverse and changing community. Help us explore our future by filling out our survey and letting us know what's important to you!
Wendell Graves, City Manager
The City Manager of the City of St. Thomas is appointed by and reports to City Council. The City Manager directs and manages daily administration of the City and ensure the delivery of high quality services in a timely, responsible and cost effective manner.
The City Manager's duties and responsibilities include:
- Setting the overall strategic direction for short and long term corporate goals
- Leading, directing, coordinating and supervising the implementation of the policies and programs approved by Council
- Providing strategic guidance and advice to Council for the effective delivery of programs and services in a manner which is consistent with the well being of all the City's residents
- Keeping council up to date on corporate matters
- Providing leadership and directions to all departments, ensuring the corporate coordination of the activities of all departments and the efficient and consistent implementation of policies and decisions of Council
- Encouraging the City's administration to search for improvements in the delivery of City Services to the public
- Fostering a climate of positive community relations
- Coordinating the presentation of the annual budget with general assistance from the City Treasurer
- Regularly conducting organizational and operational reviews, ensuring effective and efficient utilization of existing resources.
- Regularly reports on the overall efficiency of operations.
- Develops and maintains communication linkages with officials, groups, agencies, other jurisdictions and stakeholders as is necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the office of the City Manager and promote the interest of the City.
The City Manager leads the Management Team which provides overall corporate leadership to the organization. The Management Team meets every other week for the purpose of providing direction and discussing management issues, corporate policy and general coordination of matters of significance to the operations of the Corporation. The Management Team is structured as follows:
- David Aristone, Director of Finance/City Treasurer
- Robert Broadbent, Fire Chief
- Michael Carroll, Valleyview Administrator
- Graham Dart, Director of Human Resources
- Heather Robinson, Chief Librarian
- Sean Dyke, Economic Development Manager
- Pat Keenan, Director of Planning and Building Services
- Maria Konefal, City Clerk
- Justin Lawrence, Director of Environmental Services/City Engineer
- Darryl Pinnell, Police Chief
- Elizabeth Sebestyen, Acting Director of Ontario Works
- Ross Tucker, Director of Parks and Recreation/Property Maintenance
Wendell Graves, City Manager
519-631-1680 ext. 4120
We are excited to announce that construction of the Gateway Roundabout at the Sunset Drive and Wellington Road intersection will be starting the week of March 27th with completion by the end of June.
Effective March 21, 2017 the Community Recycling Centre will be returning to its full time operating hours. The site will be open Tuesday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m to 3 p.m. Household hazardous waste is accepted on Saturdays only.
For more information on accepted waste types and associated costs, please visit the Community Recycling Centre page.
The First Avenue Widening project between Talbot Street and Steele Street will start the week of March 13 and be completed in June.
- 1 of 5
- next ›
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- City Hall
- By-Law Enforcement
- City Clerk
- City Departments
- City Manager
- Contact Us
- Cultural Mapping Project
- Environmental Services
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Human Resources
- Mayor and Council
- Minutes and Agendas
- Ontario Works
- Planning and Building Services
- Police Building Background Information
- Select Committee for New Police Building
- Visiting Us