Due to the Lake Margaret Trail and Southdale Line roundabout project, St. Thomas Transit will be detouring Route 2 effective Monday, March 6th for approximately four months.
Child Care Fee Subsidy Program
High quality child care plays a key role in promoting healthy child development and helping children arrive at school ready to learn. It is also an essential support for many parents, helping them to balance the demands of career and family while participating in the workforce, or pursuing education or training.
- Attendance at a training program
- Attendance at an educational program
- Any other employment assistance activity under the Ontario Works Act that is documented in his/her participation agreement, if the parent is an Ontario Works participant, providing there is no other parent in the household who can adequately care for the child
Accredited by the Ontario Camping Association; or
Affiliated with the High Five quality assurance process, administered by Parks and Recreation Ontario
Due to the First Avenue road widening project, St. Thomas Transit will be detouring Route 4 & 5b effective March 15th for approximately two months.
In order to reduce basement flooding caused by Inflow and Infiltration and to reduce flows at the Wastewater Treatment Plant, the City is implementing a City Wide Downspout Disconnection Program. Information has been posted on the City website located under basement flooding.
If you have any questions on this program, please contact Lynn Stafford, C.E.T., Compliance Coordinator at 519-631-1680, ext. 4224 or Nathan Bokma, P. Eng., Development and Compliance Manager at 519-631-1680, ext. 4151.
The City of St. Thomas invites applications from person who are 18 years of age or older and a resident of St. Thomas for appointment to the following committees:
- Community Recycling Centre Public Liaison Committee
- Municipal Heritage Committee
- St. Thomas Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee (In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the majority of the members of the committee shall be persons with disabilities)
Please complete the application form and submit to the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 545 Talbot Street, St. Thomas, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- City Hall
- By-Law Enforcement
- City Clerk
- City Departments
- City Manager
- Contact Us
- Cultural Mapping Project
- Environmental Services
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Human Resources
- Mayor and Council
- Minutes and Agendas
- Ontario Works
- Affordable Home Ownership Program
- Child Care
- List of Programs
- Mission Statement
- Qualifying for Financial Assistance
- Social Housing
- Planning and Building Services
- Police Building Background Information
- Select Committee for New Police Building
- Visiting Us